Whether it's your first time building an OKR period or you start a new OKR cycle, here are a few things to remember:
- Adding, deleting and modifying OKRs during the OKR period due to some unexpected changes is ok.
- The OKR model aims at focusing on what matters, that's why you should limit the objectives at 5 per level maximum defined by short sentences. On the same model, each objective shouldn't be followed by more than 5 Key Results.
- Defining OKRs is a collaborative process so as a CEO, it's important to define Organization's new OKRs with the team managers (or your team directly if possible) and set a key owner for each Objective. The same process has to be applied by the team managers with their whole team to set team's OKRs.
- There are key questions to ask when building a set of OKRs :
- Do we work on the right thing?
- Does anybody know other priorities?
- If we remove this away from the quarter, what happens?
- Is this what we need to pass the milestone?
These pages will help you create your company's new set of OKRs on GI OKR: